This article has the facts about alcohol. After reading this article, you can make an informed choice about your drinking. Its all up to you!
According to the “Centre for Decease Control and Prevention” (CDC) moderate drinking is defined as up to two alcoholic drinks for men and one for women in any single day and a maximum of 14 drinks for men and seven drinks for women per week. Heavy drinking is defined as 7 or more drinks a week for women, 15 or more for men. Heavy drinking causes preventable death.
You Shouldn’t Drink At All If:
- You have certain medical conditions or taking certain medicines that can interact with alcohol.
- Being recovered from alcoholic or unable to control the amount you drink.
- Don’t drink, If your age is under 21.
- You’re doing things that require skill, coordination, and alertness, such as driving a car.
Benefits: Many studies and researches has discussed about benefits of moderate alcohol consumption.
However, results are uneven. Some studies says alcohol in moderation can have some heart benefits, others explains the higher risk of heart damage, cancer, mental health problems, and liver disease. My opinion on that “It’s up to you!”.
1.Alcohol Lowers The Chance Of Diabetes.
2. It Can Lengthen Your Life.
3.It Can Improve Your Libido.
4.Alcohol Helps Preventing Common Cold.
5.Reduces The Risk Of Gallstones.
6.Lowers The Risk Of Cardiovascular Disease.
Risks: Excessive consumption of alcohol can be damaging to health. While alcohol does not pose a risk to health on its own, abusing can lead to liver disease and other fatal conditions.