Why Can’t I Lose Weight? Reasons Why You Aren’t Getting Fit
Are You Starting Your Day with Breakfast?
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, if you skip your breakfast, you probably doing a disservice to yourself. You might think breakfast skipping will help you shed those pounds. You will find yourself hungry by noontime, causing you to eat more during lunch. Studies showed that skipping breakfast is correlated with obesity. When you’re trying to lose weight, breakfast can set the tone for the rest of your day.
Here are some healthy breakfast foods that can help you lose weight.
- Eggs: Eggs are rich in protein and a wealth of important vitamins and minerals, eggs are a true powerhouse of nutrition. Eggs may reduce appetite when eaten with breakfast and give weight loss a serious boost. There are many ways to enjoy eggs, boiled to scrambled to sunny-side-up.
- Yogurt: Yogurt makes an excellent addition to a weight loss diet. Greek yogurt delivers lots of protein in every serving, making it an ideal weight loss breakfast.
- Bananas: Bananas are high in fiber but low in calories, a great alternative to sugary breakfast cereals. One med-size banana has over 100 calories with 3 grams of dietary fiber — knocking out up to 12% of your daily fiber needs.
- Smoothies: Smoothies are a quick and easy way to obtain a concentrated dose of nutrients, they also double accelerate weight loss. You can customize your ingredients; you can make your drink to fit your personal preferences. Keep in mind that smoothies can quickly turn into calorie bombs if you overdo the high-calorie ingredients. Be sure not to add too many high-calorie ingredients.
- Green Tea: Take a look at the ingredients in any diet plan or fat-burning supplement there’s a chance you’ll spot green tea. Green tea has been proved to increase fat burning and burning calories, which could aid in weight loss.
Does Metabolism Affect fitness?
How fast calories will burn depends on your metabolism. If your metabolism is slow, probably it is the reason you’re not losing the weight as quickly you would like to. There are many factors affecting your metabolism, for example, aging, or how active your lifestyle is. If you’re not as active as you once were, as a result, your metabolism will slow down. To speed up your metabolic rate, lift weights and avoid low-calorie diets.
Can Genetics Affect My Fitness?
Yes, it is possible you inherited the slow metabolism from your parents or your grandparents. You can’t control this kind of inheritance. With a slower metabolism, you will have to work harder than those with a fast metabolism to lose weight.
Eating Before Going to Bed?
No means no! Even having a snack too close to bedtime is no. If you’re eating before bed, it could be why you are struggling to lose weight and get fit. By eating before going to bed, you’re making it difficult to burn fat. Try eating dinner about two or three hours before you lay down for the evening. Snacking after dinner will increase caloric intake depending on your snack of choice. If you must, choose your snacks wisely.
Can Stress Affect My Fitness?
Some people get stressed and they eat. They reach for comfort foods and most of the time, it’s junk food. If you find yourself stressed, reduce your stress levels by taking an alternative route and instead of stress eating, reduce stress by exercising or meditating.
What if I Have Trouble Sleeping?
When you worry or suffer from certain illnesses, you may have trouble falling or staying asleep. This can affect the metabolic rate and energy level. If you don’t have enough energy, it makes working out less desirable. This could be another reason why you can’t lose weight. Do you know people who don’t get enough rest eat about 300 or more calories a day versus individuals who get enough sleep?
There are many factors that affect whether you gain or lose weight. To lose weight effectively, you have to identify and control these factors. Getting fit will increase your overall health condition by reducing illness. After all, it’s not all about what you eat. Whilst diet is important losing weight and getting fit. Performing regular exercise with maintaining diet help you lose weight, get fit quicker.